Saturday, August 14, 2010

I made mud


It is so long since I had any watercolour lessons I forgot all the rules about waiting for paint to dry and I made mud and splodges.
I think if I had stopped half way through I may have been ok, but of course when I got home I had to keep going and so made mud.
I really should know better.
I cant get the colour right in this scan either.
I suppose they do look a bit like daffodils.
I found in searching the bookcase, the one with many poetry books in it that there was an Australian Voices as well, I quite like this little verse by W Hart-Smith.
Untidiness

'Untidy room - untidy mind', he said
Oh what it is to have a mind uncluttered,
a simple mind, a mind without questions,
except about which side one's bread is buttered.

3 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

If theses Daffidol's were found here right now they'd look much like this! Lots of wind and rain. I still think you caught the essence of the flower, bright and cheerful no matter the weather!

Julie said...

You know, Penny, that this exact painting could have been done by a famous master! I'm thinking Monet! If you step back and really look at it, it is so lovely and I really love how it came out.

Sweet poem! This is why I try and keep my house picked up at least...so my brain can be clearer! It works for me!!!

Margaret Cooter said...

Tidiness is much on my mind lately - thanks for that poem!