Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sketchbook page


My scanner never seems to get my colour as deep as I would like. I had a few minutes last night to sketch little birds and flowers in my sketchbook. I went to Adelaide to see my mother, she looked better but who can tell. I did take her down the front where the sun shone and other people were having normal conversations. I would need that I think.
I had a terrible trip to town, high winds and blowing heavy rain, but I managed it in one piece, and then the sun came out and it was quite warm!
Coming home I met another front coming through just as I turned into the valley, sheets of white rain scudding across the road at me and I must admit to a moment of panic about fallen tree branches, we have had so many lately, but thankfully none on me.
So more wind and rain.
The little poem by George Wallace seemed appropriate as hay fever season, or colds will be upon us soon.
Ode to a sneeze

I sneezed a sneeze into the air.
It fell to earth I know not where,
but hard and froze were the looks of those
in whose vicinity I snoze.

3 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Lovely collection of drawings Penny. Your drawings are a bit like a time capsule, capturing nature as you see it now. Who knows what will still remain in the years too come?

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

PS: thanks for your visit. Glandualr Fever is rotten!

Julie said...

Love your sketches here. The poem is so cute!