Saturday, August 21, 2010

More Gina magic



I stood for 2 hours today watching the world file in to vote, some took my cards and others didnt, some took all and others made for another party.
We may know tonight who won but I think many still hadnt made their minds up as they walked through the door to vote.
I doubt very much if it will matter in the long run, somehow the sensible dont want to be politicians.
I came home terribly tired and a bit damp from the rain, I had lunch and a coffee and sat and read, fed the animals and decided as I had half cut out the stencils Gina had suggested we use, not the ones I had done before but I love these poppy heads, although it is the wrong time of the year here for them to appear.
I used one of the wondrous sprays with hints of sparkle in them as a base and on the first I used the bit I had cut out and over sprayed, with one small bit of the shape left after cutting. The other I used the shape left and a stencil brush and some acrylic paint It is fun and effective.
Here is a poem by Nancy Cato, from Australian Voices.

Summer vineyard

A million green butterflies
have lighted on the bare
vineyard slopes. Blindly they grope
in the air with their soft antennae.

They cannot fly away: held fast
until the autumn comes
with red and yellow fires of frost
slow-burning down the rows,
The butterflies, unwilling captives,
turn their wings to every wind that blows.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely images Penny - very effective!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely stencil imagery Penny and a lovely poem too.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

It's strange times Penny. Maybe the Coalition can get some Independents to join them. I hope the country people get a fair go instead of so much emphasis on the cities.
Wendy

Julie said...

I've been seeing a lot of different artists inks showing up on the market...I have no idea what to do with them...and I must investigate...I sure like the look of them!