Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little bit of practice




Thank you to all those who asked if I was alright after yesterdays bit of adventure. Sore and a bit battered but ok, and we even did a short walk this morning (see my other blog).
I have dusted the house but that is as far as I got as I was side tracked by trying a bit of painting practice.
I dont think any are particularly good and the last two are in my sketchbook with pretty awful paper so didnt quite do what I wanted them to do, and the bird is far too long, but it was fun. The washy flowers still dont look like much.
The first one was a practice in wet on wet and I had more fun with that.
I have been meaning to get my books out and do some more exercises and at last I am having a play.
Tomorrow is Adelaide and my mother, so I thought this quote by William Makepeace Thackeray could be appropriate.
Laughter is sunshine in a home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"The Sketchbook" does have horrible paper! I'm trying all sorts of things to stop it going all wrinkly! You are giving me so much confidence to do stuff - keep it up!

Hugz

Julie said...

I love the duck! Beautiful! You are so inspiring in your things you do and try and succeed at! Keep feeling better!

Angela said...

I like your sky it's very moody and the shape of your bird is lovely it's obviously a female with a figure like that.

annie said...

Watercolor--and wet on wet, at that-- is not easy on sketch paper and you are brave and persistent to keep at it. You inspire me to get at my sketchbooks more often. I agree with Angela, you have caught the moodiness of the sky...And please tippy toe around, carefully
annie