Sunday, February 07, 2010

Fifty first Wedding Anniversary


Dont we look pleased with ourselves, so young, 19 and 21, but so we should be pleased with ourselves, we have had our ups and downs but it has been a wonderful time with a terrific person who doesnt always give me what I want but tries hard and is fun to be with and most importantly is a friend as well as lover.
We have lived through droughts and good years with money and without, have raised 4 wonderful children and have 11 grand children and 1 great grand child.
Are we ready for retirement, I dont think so.
We live in a lovely valley in a glorious part of the world.
We have been lucky to see many parts of that world, perhaps not as many as I would like but more than some others.
We have lived a fortunate life.

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Happy 51st Anniversary Penny!

Your life together seems to have been wonderful! Wish you more of the same!

I love your Crazy Chicken Sketch!

annie said...

I just wrote on your other blog but your chicken has drawn me out to add a word here-- great fun, those chickens!

And Happy Anniversary!

annie

Hashi said...

Oh my goodness, you are both still totally recognisable from this wedding pic. Congratulations, John and Penny!

Ammara said...

congrats! this is amazing.. its not so common now..this lil miracle of love, freindship, good marriage nd kids...all with one person...rare rare...