Monday, February 08, 2010

Not a sketch but a textile


I have been quietly sewing this little kimono while it is so hot, 37 degrees and very high humidity, again! I have been sitting in front of a fan and trying to stay cool.
This is part of the stuff I have for sale at the Exhibition in April. I just need to make a hanger for it.
It is nice having something I can just quietly sew and not worry too much about it.
We had an early morning walk on the beach at the bay again this morning, before it got too hot but John had a meeting afterwards and it was a bit hard to find somewhere cool to wait for him.
I have been really loving some of the snow photos that have been coming through on blogs, although I imagine there are a lot of people to whom enough has become enough.
Thank you for all who left messages on my blog about our anniversary, it is lovely to think people care.
To nights Haiku is by Bokusui.
A horsefly buzzes
loud
in the shining hollow
of a temple bell.

6 comments:

Wanda..... said...

The humidity of summer sometimes is just too much to take and I stay indoors. Now though, it's snow and cold that we are experiencing.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Very happy anniversary - a little late but better late than never Penny.
Love the kimono too.
The haiku presents a lovely sound image.

Rachel Phillips said...

The kimono is lovely. We are drying up here this morning ready for more snow by the looks of things. The sky is full.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Very beautiful little baby kimono. You do lovely creative work with stitching.
It's so humid tday and we really sweated as we sorted books this morning. And there's been fog each morning in mid-summer! Crazy weather.
Wendy

Julie said...

How large is this kimono??? Is it doll sized? Very pretty! Love the beading and stitching!!!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for your visit to my blog. I've enjoyed my visit to yours! This lovely Kimono is wonderful, it stopped me in my tracks! It must be so lovely to hold!